Monday 6 June 2016

Day 9: Ferries and Aliens


Brodick to Craignure: 74 miles



I think this sign shows how me and My Little Rhino feel at the start of each days cycle full of energy and keen to take on those hills and mountains.



The scenery really starting to get dramatic. As a West Coast Scottish Virgin I really had no expected to see such amazing sights.





Low scale modest churches



Even the castles were modest but built to last.


Onto another Ferry from Arran to Skye




I would imagine somewhere in the universe this might be considered a good look!





I wish I did not understand what 14% gradient meant. Far rather this was the alcoholic strength of the spirits to make these hills more palatable.



But when you are up you are up and the views.....


This is where your Scottish salmon come from.



Obviously Skye has been a desirable holiday location for many years as this grand house looking out over a bay would suggest.





Was somewhat hopefully about what this sign meant but was sadly disappointed.


I think this sign means I and My Little Rhino were entering an area prone to alien abduction. I would not mind the abduction bit so much, but its that they seem to want to do internal inspections. Its one thing my GP slapping on the rubber gloves for the middle aged man prostate test.



Quite another thing thinking about Alien doing it.


Luckily we got through un-abducted or did we.....! Hard to tell when you have 24/7 numb bum cycle syndrome. Thankfully billions of research dollars are being poured into a cure for this debilitating condition. We just need Sir Bob Geldof to do another live aid concert and the problem should be cracked.

I digress and back to the journey. More wonderful churches, this one with a an arch commemorating their WW1 fallen.



Cycled on passed this wood carving as quickly as possible.




And into Oban for a quick ride over to Craignure on Mull.








The mountains in the distance promised both good and bad things for the next day!


At the end of another day on the Peak Tours Front line, I think this sign sums up how My Little Rhino and I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment