Friday 20 May 2016

Putting a Smile on Rosie's Face

So today was D eparture day off on the train. Little Rhino was packed away in my case:


I was spirited away to Brockenhurst Station with my worldly possessions and bike  in one bag and the largest ruck sack known to man kind. If I turned around quickly that women in the red coat in the background would have been knocked off her feet.


The picture below shows the sheer relief on Rosie's face having handed me over to the train staff as an unattended major.


Hours and twenty seven changes later I arrived in Dover, Rebuilt Little Rhino and as the picture below shows, Coko the Clown Rides again. We are ready to go, where I have not a clue. My Garmin will point the way, my legs will hopefully go round and round and with luck and a strong following
wind some miles may open up  between me and Dover towards somewhere 80 miles away oop north. I here tell that there are hills in Kent, I think that is but an ugly rumour, the train track certainly seemed pretty flat!



2 comments:

  1. And the weather's about as bad as it could be! Sleep well. I'm not thinking about the butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coko looks In fine fettle, although there seems to be a pink basket missing from the front of little rhino! I'm sure the Downs will be as flat as you hope, and the warm, dry wind blows from the SE. Best of luck, and enjoy the benefits of English ale at the end of the day rather than that French piss! Now I must go - Rosie has unexpectedly invited all the boys to party for a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete